Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my "studio"! Thank you for stopping by. Do make yourself at home - look around, take in the view, enjoy the art. I'd love to hear from you too, so please leave a comment if you have a minute. I do hope you'll enjoy your visit!

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Beginning


Every journey begins with the first step, as they say, so here begins my journey into the world of blogging and sharing my creative life with - everyone! I had thought of doing a blog several times before, looked at other blogs, etc. But was always held back by the thought "Who would read it? And why?"


Life does have a way of throwing curve balls however. My sister suggested I take an on-line class from an artist named "Wyanne". That appealed to me because I live in a small town in eastern WA and taking a physical class would become involved. Doing it on-line, I could do it as time permitted, I'd have all my studio to create in without having to schlepp my supplies anywhere, and yet have the interaction with other class members and Wyanne as though we were all in the same place. So I did it, and loved every minute of it. At the end of the class, Wyanne offered another class, this one helping artists to take their artwork to the next level.

Now I had been creating artwork of one kind or another for as far back as I could remember. But career choices were definitely left-brained. I used my creative bent in many aspects of those choices and in my private life, but it took a back seat position.

I spent the last 21 years of my working life as an insurance agent, but when I retired, my husband and I built a house in eastern WA and I was very luck to be able to include a large studio into the plan. I'd had a small area in our home in Kent, WA and you'd be amazed at what I crammed into that space. Well, actually, I "leaked" out onto my husband's pool table a lot (he didn't see the humor in this.... probably why he agreed to the large studio space!) Anyway, now I have a great place to create and have been creating merrily and prodigiously ever since.

But I've come to a point where I want to do MORE. I want to share my artwork with a broader range of people and I want to expand my artistic horizons. So...........I signed up for Wyanne's "Tough Love Commercial" class. One of the assignments is to begin a blog to share our visions and inspirations, to make contact with those who would like to share those with us, and to open a wider window to our artistic souls. So............here it goes!! A new journey begins!!! (I do hope I'm not totally alone!)

17 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! What a wonderful first post! I absolutely LOVE your studios...both of them! Funny how we artists find such comfort in seeing other's workspaces! Thank you for sharing a part of yourself with the rest of us! May your artistic horizons expand beyond your wildest dreams! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindy! I wanted to crawl inside your photos and play! Your first step has been a beautiful one! I adore the colors you chose for your blog and your banner is divine! We are somehow all connected, which is amazing and wonderful to think about! I wish you an amazing and exciting journey and you are most definitely not alone! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Christine, and you, Selah, for your comments and for taking the time to read my post. It is so exciting to be starting this journey with friends - sort of a Fellowship!!! If you are EVER even remotely close to Chelan, you will have to come for a "play day" in the studio! Can you imagine the fun we'd all have together? My sister has a group of friends, and they did come over for about three days. The creative energy just flowed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your play day sounds like a blast Cindy and thank you so much for the invite! Same goes for you in my neck of the woods! :0) Your sister's craft party sounds like it was a lot of fun! Love the Fellowship idea:0) Grand fun and who knows what the future holds! :0))) I will enjoy watching your journey Cindy with all your fabulous creations and paintings! :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new studio looks like a breath of fresh air! My husband is taking of building a Florida room off the front of the house for me.. I WISH I was only spilling onto the pool table! LOL My entire dining room is lined with art-stuff! I'm so glad we have our "Fellowship" and that you are part of it! I am very excited to see what you product from your magical work space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cindy! I love, love, love your studio, old and new. Your colors on this blog post are refreshing and invigorating. What a cool post too. So privileged to be able to share in your journey. I have to say that I'm envious of your 'view' as I live here in the Middle Eastern desert. I look forward to see what spills out from you and your environment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, Louise, Christine - thank you all so kindly for taking the time to visit my blog and for your comments. It's almost like we were together, chatting over coffee (lattes? tea? Your choice!) Isn't the internet wonderful (when it's working properly - HA!I was going to add some pictures of my work but I am not sure how to do it. There doesn't seem to be the same set up on blogger as on some of the blogs I've looked at. Oh well - early days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries with the pics Cindy! It will all get worked out, and we'll enjoy seeing them when it does! Happy painting to you! :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, your studio is FABULOUS! I love that you created the space with intention for yourself. Isn't it a little bit "Field of Dreams"? If you build it, it will come? And look! It's came! And in such a beautiful way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so funny you would say that, Jessalee! I said almost those exact words in someone else's blog - Louise's, I think. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! (I looked at your blog - loved reading all about your life.But Wyanne said you weren't finished with it or ready yet, so I didn't know if you wanted people to put comments down just yet????)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Creative Cabinet you have added to your blog Cindy! Looks FAB! :0))))) I didn't know you could do that, but I'm now realizing what you were talking about with the pictures:0))) YEA! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and you are never alone! Nice view from your studio too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Laurie!
    And Christine, be careful if you start messing around with your blog! I managed to mess up my original Home Page. It's in "Archives" but the changes I tried to make to Creative Cabinet also flowed through to the Home Page. Some of them anyway. I had to redo the Welcome, and I sort of lost the "About Me". Oh well,guess there's always a learning curve, right???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy,what a lovely exciting blog to share your artistic life with so many people. It's great reading and learning so much about your career and education over the years. Carole Hannon Young

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog, Carole. I really appreciate your taking the time to look and sharing your thoughts. Come back any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your studio! I see that you took Wyanne's class. I just bought it and she hasn't sent a link for the Facebook group. Do you have it? I've can't seem to find a way to email her and there isn't a contact link in the class. I am taking the Paint Free class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the Paint Free class I took with Wyanne. I hope the info I sent you will help you get in touch. Guess I need to update this blog!,, I get so busy I forget to do that but I really want to get more disciplined with it!

      Delete