Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my "studio"! Thank you for stopping by. Do make yourself at home - look around, take in the view, enjoy the art. I'd love to hear from you too, so please leave a comment if you have a minute. I do hope you'll enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Latest Fun In The Studio


Craft apron I made for my sister

Time sure seems to fly by, doesn't it? At least it seems to for me. I've been busy lately getting several things ready for swaps I signed up for, and other projects in which I find myself involved. For instance, my sister wanted to join a Craft Apron swap, but that seemed sort of iffy to me; one could put a lot of time and effort into making an apron, and get something totally unexpected back. I knew my sister would be upset if that happened! So i suggested we make each other an apron. Jim found a cool craft apron made out of canvas at the craft store, and I dyed it green and added all kinds of decorations on it. It was a lot of fun to make. Lindy made me a really cool Queen Apron with sparkles and a wild print. I need to take a picture of it to add but trust me, it's cool. Above is a picture of the one I made her:

I signed up for several swaps and had to get a dry-erase board to keep track of them all! There were swaps on Swap Bot, Alpha stamps and Vintage Dragonfly! I got all of them done and mailed except for the Alpha Stamps swap which doesn't have to be mailed until the end of the month. 

I've added several photos to my Flickr photostream of the various projects. 

There is a new Hobby Lobby in Wenatchee now which is great! We didn't even have a Michaels here and the JoAnn's is very small. The Craft Warehouse is pretty good, but isn't nearly as big as Hobby Lobby. It's nice to have options.

We have to make a trip over to "the coast" (Chelan-speak for Seattle area!) one of these days which will be fun as we haven't been over that way for a while. It will be fun to see friends and family that live over there, and go places like Trader Joe's that we don't have. But we are always ready to come home after a few days of being in the traffic and the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment